Dakota gets off the marks at Emirates Old Trafford
20th June 2014
Cricket seems to be a favourite pastime among the NHS Community! Whilst a number of our delegates were looking forward to some County Championship action, sadly we weren't able to offer any Cricket highlights to the 27 delegates that descended on Emirates Old Trafford on June 4th for Dakota's Northern NHS Technology Day. Lancashire v Somerset had ended up in a draw the night before, with no play on Day 4....
Still, and whilst no cricket action was to be commented upon that day, someone else got our female delegates talking, as the legendary Andrew Flintoff graced us with his presence whilst appearing on the viewing gallery adjacent to our Conference Room! More than a consolation prize it would appear, judging by the amount of Tweets over that 5mins period!
14 Northern NHS Trusts were represented on the day, interested to hear the views of our Technology Partners on the subject matter of the Conference & Networking Exhibition event: "New Technologies to achieve a paper-lite NHS".
Included in the conference programme were:
- a presentation on the Open Source Programme about increasing the range of digital solutions available by Peter Coates (NHS England Open Source Programme Head)
- an insight into iFIT RFID-based health record document management tracking solution by 6PM Solutions
- an overview by East Lancashire NHS Trust on the benefits of their decently deployed mobile clinical strategy
- a presentation by Zebra Technologies on "the connected Hospital
During breakout sessions, delegates were also able to benefit from interactive presentations by:
- MioCARE and Motion Computing on their latest Windows and Android tablets
- RDP on their configurable computers-on-wheelson how hardware and technology
- Tactix4 on their Wardaware open source nursing electronic patient observation solution, recently deployed at Kings College Hospital.
In light of the extremely positive feedback which we have received from both exhibitor partners and delegates, we are looking at running a Southern Technology Day either late 2014 or early 2015. We also regularly run mini technology events, hosted at hospitals, giving you and your colleagues the opportunity to talk about specific technology requirements or point of care application needs. Feel free to contact us if you are interested.