Zebra Technologies Operational Shutdown (20/4/17 to 1/5/17)
9th March 2017
Potential impact on all orders, shipments and requests for pricing due to Zebra Operational Downtime
As an important supplier to your organisation, and in our role as a Zebra Technologies Premier Partner, we would like to bring your attention to the following information which could seriously impact our ability to ship goods and services in the coming weeks. Zebra Technologies have advised their partners of their planned operational downtime between 20th April and 1st May 2017 inclusive to integrate their business systems on to one common platform.
During the above period, Dakota will have no access to Zebra’s existing systems, meaning that we cannot place any new Zebra orders for thermal printers, labels, ribbon and mobile computing products. Any shipments scheduled between these dates must be re-arranged to ensure any deadlines are met for you, our customer. Additionally, any requests for special project pricing during these dates will not be processed.
System & Operational Downtime
- A significant portion of Zebra systems and operations will be unavailable starting at 23.00 on 20 April and will resume at the start of business on 1 May 2017, unless otherwise noted.
- During this time, Zebra will not be able to book or ship hardware orders, new service contracts, or service contract renewals.
Ordering Guidelines for April Shipments
- We strongly recommend that you place your Zebra orders with Dakota before 17th March 2017 for requested ship dates between 3rd April - 20th April 2017; the reason for this is that we must specify shipment dates clearly with them.
- Be sure to specify the requested shipment dates to us, especially if you require shipment from Zebra before 23.00 on 20th April. Failure to do so may cause the shipment to arrive earlier than anticipated or after 1st May. We shall happily work with you and your teams to re-arrange shipment dates due between these dates.
- Orders received with a requested shipment of 20th April at 23.00 through 30th April will ship after 1st May and we will have no control over the date of shipment nor have any ability to expedite these on your behalf.
- Zebra cannot guarantee April shipment dates on any order we place after 10th March.
Limited or No Impact services
- Requests for repairs will continue to be accepted up to 23.00hrs on 27th April 2017 and shall resume at the start of business on 1st May 2017.
- Call centres will continue to be available; however, processing of requests may not occur until after 1st May.
- Please submit any RMA's by the 13th April due date so that we can help Zebra process these before the shutdown.