Based at our Manchester HQ we have an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded Application Developer to join our rapidly expanding team.
Dakota Integrated Solutions
26 Jan 2023
Dakota Integrated Solutions is seeking a well-rounded individual capable of designing and implementing enterprise-level web applications using a platform comprised of the latest technologies in support of the Vocollect VoiceLink products and web applications. The candidate will have an immediate impact as a key individual contributor on a small, fast-paced development team focused on enterprise web applications. Qualified candidates should be skilled with a variety of tools and languages and demonstrate the ability to lead/mentor individuals. Knowledgeable with all aspects of the engineering process including requirements specification, architecture, design, development, test, documentation, and maintenance. Able to perform in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, product development organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective participation in all technical aspects of software engineering effort to develop effective software solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Involvement in all aspects of the software engineering process, including but not limited to:
- Architecture and requirements definition
- Estimating effort
- Maintenance of software
- Defining architecture requirements, establishing standards for design and development, and continuously improving engineering methods and practices.
- Implement solutions utilising all of the technologies specified in the skill section.
- Communicating development issues to management for both design and scheduling purposes, participating effectively in the design process and software development lifecycle in a team environment.
- Handling several concurrent tasks and meeting scheduled milestones for each.
- 35 hour working week, with candidate being flexible for out of hours / on call work where required and requested.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Spring-based Java applications
- Familiarity with Grails, Spring Framework, or other modern backend frameworks
- API design and implementation (REST, GraphQL, or other)
- SQL / Relational database design and management (SQL Server/Oracle)
- Experience with front-end web development, using modern frameworks, libraries, and toolchains, such as React or Angular
- Graphic design skills
- Enterprise Integration frameworks, such as Mule ESB, Apache Camel, or Mirth Connect
- Object Oriented design
- Cloud computing
- Strong engineering competence, including the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish rapport and communicate with people at all levels of an organisation
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt and willingness to learn new technology or techniques
- Strong organisational skills - Ability to organize, analyse, and execute several concurrent tasks and activities
- Education: BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of development & related experience
- Self-starter, with ‘Can Do’ attitude.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and customer service work ethic / orientation
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining focused on key priorities.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.