Service Desk Support Administrator
Based at our Manchester HQ, we have an exciting opportunity for a well-rounded Service Desk Support Administrator to join our rapidly expanding team.
Dakota Integrated Solutions
28 Jul 2023
The successful candidate for this role will work as part of the existing Dakota Integrated Solutions Support Team to enhance our business’s internal customer support and service offering by working on both day-to-day support and customer support and service issues, as well as carrying out administrative responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will show strength in customer support and administrative duties, working with the business’s IT Service Management System (FreshService) to action support calls either via the web portal or direct email/telephone contact. The ideal candidate needs to understand the importance of excellent customer communication, satisfaction and working to time-based SLAs and objectives.
The role also carries with it several key administrative responsibilities such as the updating of business systems for reporting purposes and working closely with the business’s Sales and Account Management Teams to work on and publish quotations for the repair, maintenance and replacement of hardware and software solutions provided to our customers.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Dakota Team’s helpdesk on incoming customer support requests received via the web portal, telephone and email as part of the business’s Managed Service offering, following standardised processes in place, including ISO standards
- Work effectively as part of our team to build knowledge of our customer base and solutions, as well as developing the knowledge and skills pertaining to our business and customer solutions to increase the capability of our business’s support offering
- As part of the business’s Managed Service offering, triage and work to resolve and close support tickets of varying fault types, including software and hardware related issues, and closing calls within SLA
- Process RMA repair requests and arrange for the repair and return of customer assets with manufacturers
- Manage internal stock of software licenses and hardware, ensuring that stock such as demo equipment and customer buffer stock is effectively managed and accounted for in the business’s systems to report on status
- Effective reporting of key business metrics associated with BAU service delivery and project works as required by the business
- Working with the Sales/Operations Teams to prepare commercial quotations on hardware/software solution maintenance and support elements, using a mixture of your own knowledge of technology and knowledge available from within our partner/distribution network, as well as using own initiative to determine the correct course of action in relation to repairs, replacement, service and maintenance matters as required
- Liaise effectively with colleagues and business partners where appropriate to escalate issues which cannot be resolved independently, and own the incident management until resolution, updating the customer throughout the process
- Document customer support and device build/config instructions to help shape the business’s documentation index
- Escalate any issues fulfilling customer support obligations to the Dakota Management Team in order to address
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High level of computer literacy and competency with call management systems, Microsoft Office products and within the Windows Operating System environment
- Excellent communication skills, confident when communicating with internal colleagues and external customers
- Commercially-aware individual
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Experience with the FreshService/Freshworks or equivalent ITSM system is a bonus, but not essential
- Candidate looking for and willing to work 35 hours per working week, Monday to Friday, at our office based in Trafford Park, Manchester
- An interest in IT and technology would be advantageous given our industry and may support internal development opportunities for the successful candidate
- Self-starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness and ability to learn and develop new skillsets and enhance existing skillsets both independently and as part of set out training
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and customer service work ethic/presentation
- Ability to work to timescales while remaining focused on key priorities
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com.